Audience Scanning Radiometers & Spectrometers
Ever since Justin Timberlake and Saturday Night Live rocked the entertainment world with the laser effect called “audience scanning”, use of this new technology has skyrocketed and so has the risk of eye damage to the audience. ILT now offers laser light measurement tools that can rapidly measure and display the peak value of exposure for all colors of lasers without the need to change components or settings.
Audience scanning immerses the audience with light in many shapes and sizes (laser beams, cones, fans, waves, sheets, etc) so that the laser light is actually touching people. It is a truly an immersive effect that allows people to virtually touch and interact with the light. Laser lighting can be shined directly at the audience, reflect off natural and artificial structures in the environment, or focused on the stage and performer. Regardless of the directionality of the display, there is a risk for over exposure to the human eye.
The US have some of the most robust regulations pertaining to safety systems and requires that all users are fully trained and all systems are tested for safety. IEC 60825 sets the MPE (Maximum permissible exposure) at the cornea for a collimated laser beam. Other Laser based applications include medicial; destruction of cancer cells and bloodless and re-constructive surgery, and tattoo & hair removal. They also act as range finders, can cut, drill, and weld metals and are the source of light used to create Holograms.
Whether you are measuring your Audience scanning laser to assure code conformance, or you are looking to validate the power output of your low power continuous lasers such as Argon, HeNe, NdYAG, and laser diodes, our light measurement systems and power meters offer an easy, portable, ISO17025 accredited / NIST traceable solution for your laser light measurements.
The ILT1000 and ILT5000 Laser Safety Measurement Systems make safety measurements quickly and accurately. Results can be stored internally for later review or displayed an any Windows 7 or Window 8 PC or tablet. The ILT1000 and ILT5000 use removable filters and optics that also allow customers to the same sensor to test laser power.
* If units of measure are not shown please contact us (empirical units also available i.e.fc, fL, nits, lm/ft²).
< Back to Light Measurement Systems
Explore All Light Meters By Application Type
- Germicidal UV Radiometers & Spectrometers
- UV Curing Light Measurement Systems
- Audience Scanning Radiometers & Spectrometers
- Endoscopic System Light Meters
- Pulsed Light Measurement Systems
- LED Test & Measurement
- Low Light Level Measurement
- Optical Radiation Hazard Light Meters
- Photodynamic Therapy Radiometers & Spectrometers
- Photometric Spectral Light Meters
- Photoresist Radiometers & Photometers
- Photostability UVA Detectors
- Phototherapy Light Meters & Radiometers
- Plant Photobiology & Photomedicine Light Meters
- Radiometry Light Meters
- Solar Radiation Light Meters