ILT2400 Hand-Held Light Meter / Optometer
ILT2400 Hand-Held Light Meter / Optometer
- Research Quality at a Hand-held Price
- 8 Decade Dynamic Range of Optical Analysis
- Meter & Sensors with NIST Traceable ISO17025 Accredited Calibration
- Hand-held, Compact, Ergonomic Design
- Brilliant 4.3” Touch Screen Display
- 90° Screen Rotation for Landscape and Portrait Viewing
- ILT’s Accuspan: Auto-ranging with Smart Averaging
- Built-in Rechargeable Battery Lasts Up to 8 Hours
- Backwards Compatible with ILT1700 Sensors
- Measurement Speeds Up to 100 μSeconds
- Includes DataLight III comprehensive software package for both Mac and PC
- Made in the USA
- Custom Instrument Configuration & OEM Inquiries Welcome
For a limited time, get the ILT2500 for the same price as the ILT2400. A 25% Savings! Click for more details.
< Back to All Light Meters, Lux Meters & Radiometers
< Back to All Light Measurement Systems
The ILT2400 is the most advanced hand held light meter and optometer on the market today. ILT’s Accuspan software automatically sets the averaging while rapidly measuring over 8 decades of light intensities. The internal software allows customers to capture a peak as brief as 100μS and to store up to 16 readings per second. The color display works in both landscape and portrait mode.
The ILT2400 supports numerous light measurement applications including Audience Scanning Laser Safety, General Purpose Light Measurements, Research, Sterilization/UVGI, Solar, Photoresist – lithography, Optical Radiation Hazard, Phototherapy, Photo-Degradation, PPF & PPFD Plant Studies, and more.
ILT manufactures the ILT2400 and software in the USA at ILT's Peabody, MA facility which allows ILT to rapidly customize system components to meet the needs of our customers and OEMs.
ILT2400 optical measurement systems include an ILT2400, carrying case, software and customer configured detector/filter/optic and calibration. ILT2400 optical measurement systems allow direct reading in the appropriate empirical units including; lux, foot-candles, candela, lumens, watts, W/cm2, cd/m2, foot-lamberts, nits, etc. The ILT2400 and software are compatible with most Windows 7 and Windows 8 computers.
Watch our ILT2400 Overview video below
ILT2400 Meter Specifications
- Measurement Range: 50pA – 1mA current, 8 decades of light intensity measurements
- Screen: 4.3” VGA Capacitive touch screen color display
- Bias: 5V Reverse Bias
- Ranging and Averaging: Automatic
- Internal Memory: 4 GB
- Operating Temperature: 0-40o C
- USB: Micro for data download
- USB: Mini for charging and remote data logging using DataLight II PC software
- Size: 1-3/5” H x 3” W x 6” L
- Detector/Sensor connector: 15 pin connector
- CE certified: No RF noise
Home Screen is used to move between applications including:
- Meter Tall for Portrait, Meter Wide for Landscape
- Trend Tall for Portrait, Trend Wide for Landscape
- Cloak for low light environments, Includes large 1 touch sampling button
- Light Stack sets up indicator levels: Green for Good, Yellow for Caution, Red for Warning
- Time and Date for setting the calendar and clock
- Settings for changing parameters such as, Calibration factor selection, Sample time, Background brightness, Bias on/off, etc. (Screen Shot Below)
- LightCalc handy calculators such as lux to fc converters
- Files provides easy access to saved data
- Info lists the firmware and software version
Meter Screen provides a large numerical display which allows customers to easily view the measurement data. While using Meter, customers can also perform many processes including:
- Increase or decrease digits of resolution
- Display units: Empirical units-Calibration units, Current, % etc.
- Zero: Sets the zero level for ambient subtraction or dark zero
- Integrate: Provide a summation of the exposure
- Hold: Freezes the value in the numerical display
- Min/Max: Toggles between Min on, Max on, Min/Max off. Min -display remains fixed until a reading lower than the displayed value is obtained. Max changes when a higher reading is obtained
- 100%: Sets the value for 100%
- Record: Continuous recording of data on/off (Record/Stop Recording)
- Capture: Stores a single reading with date time stamp when pressed
Trend Screen has all the same features included in meter plus a large easy to read graph showing the readings over time. The graph can be displayed in bar or line graph format. Trend Tall is used for portrait mode and Trend wide is used for landscape mode. The Y scale of the graph is the measurement data in the programmed calibrated units, amps for uncalibrated sensors, or in percentage. The X scale is the time interval in seconds. The inclusion of the graph reduces the size of the toggle buttons, but does not eliminate any features.
Cloak limits the amount of light added to the environment during test. It was designed to allow taking measurements in a dark environment as easy as possible without compromising the results. Simply touch the oversized sample button and a single reading will be stored into the internal memory.
The ILT2400 includes a micro USB cable that can be use to extract all saved readings with a date time stamp using Cloak, Trend and Meter apps.
The home button at the bottom returns the display to the home screen as shown above.
Watch our video on entering the Cal Factor in DataLight III below
- ILT2400 Datasheet
- ILT Meter Comparison Chart
- ILT2400 Users Manual
- DataLight III Manual
- ILT2400 Operating Tips
- DataLight Theroy of Operation and Labview Manual
- DataLight Flash Light Monitoring Methods
- DataLight API ILT1000-ILT6000
- DataLight Wireless Config w NetConfig guide
- MSCV .DLL errors for Spectrilight III
- DataLight III Software Suite and Firmware for Windows 7, 8 and 10 - Current Release
- DataLight III Software Suite for Mac OS X
- Beam Intensity Calculator
- Watts/CM2 to watts calculator
- Exposure Value/Lux Converter
- Footcandle Converter
- Inverse Square Calculator
- Lux to Lumens Calculator
- QNDS Calculator